How do I correct inaccurate information on my credit report?

Click on the drop down arrow next to the question listed.

If you can't find the answer you need please contact us.

  • Why has the dispute been rejected?

    If you dispute a record on your credit report we will contact the lender to query the information for you. If the lender provides information confirming that the data is correct then we will be unable to amend the details on your report.  

  • How long will it take to update incorrect information on my report?

    Callcredit can only make an amendment with the authority of the lender which submitted the record. If you believe your credit file contains inaccurate information, you can either contact the lender involved directly or we can contact them on your behalf. If they agree the information in inaccurate they will make the necessary amendment and update the record in the next file they send to us.

    Please note: The current balance shown can be up to 6 weeks out of date as lenders only provide data to us on a monthly basis.

    If you would prefer, you may ask us in writing to dispute a record on your behalf. We will refer your dispute to the relevant lender and respond to you within 28 days. If you write to us to dispute a record please do so within 6 months of receiving a copy of your Callcredit credit report. You should quote your credit file reference number in your letter, provide us with a detailed explanation of why you believe the information is incorrect, and enclose any evidence. Please send your dispute to: Callcredit Limited, Consumer Services Team, PO Box 491, Leeds, LS3 1WZ.

  • Back to main FAQ page