County Court Judgements and Insolvencies

Click on the drop down arrow next to the question listed.

If you can't find the answer you need please contact us.

  • How do I get CCJs removed from my credit report?

    CCJs are removed automatically six years after the original judgment date. If you think the judgment was made in error you should contact the County Court concerned. The courts will also allow a judgment to be removed if:

    • It was paid within one month and a Certificate of Satisfaction has been issued
    • An insurance company (related to the debt) is not paying a claim on time
  • How do I get a CCJ marked as Satisfied?

    If the judgment is paid more than one month after the original judgment, it can be marked as Satisfied on your credit file. To do this, you need to send us the relevant Certificate of Satisfaction. The judgment will still remain on your credit report for six years from the judgment date but lenders will be able to see that the amount has been paid.

  • How do I get an Insolvency removed?

    Insolvencies are automatically removed from your credit file six years from the original judgment. To remove a Bankruptcy or IVA from your file before then, we need the relevant Certificate of Annulment from the issuing court (Bankruptcy) or confirmation from the supervisor of your IVA.

  • How do I get an Insolvency marked as Discharged or Completed?

    To mark a Bankruptcy as Discharged we'll need to see the relevant Certificate of Discharge. For an IVA to be marked as Completed, we'll need written confirmation from your supervisor.

  • Back to main FAQ page